Well friends, it’s officially here… my 30’s.
I can no longer say that I’m a 20-something girl trying to figure out what I want in life and how to get it.
I am now a 30-something with a better idea of what I want out of life, but still figuring out how to get it.
Let’s rewind to a couple weeks ago. I am the first one to say that age is just a number and Birthdays are a blessing that many people receive, but in the last few weeks, saying goodbye to my 20’s has become difficult for no reason other than the number.
Age is just a number
The 20’s were very trying for Hubby and I. Don’t get me wrong, there was a lot of growth and excitement for us: buying a house, getting married, expanding our fur-family, buying into a business, starting this blogging adventure I’m on, finding dear friends who understand exactly what it is to be an empath and how to fight for what you believe in, and so much more.
But there were a lot of eye-opening experiences too. Losing loved ones & furbabies, working at an animal shelter which forever changed my life and helped me grow, being forced to dig deeper to find myself spiritually, a diagnosis of depression, trying to start a (human) family unsuccessfully, going through surgery for endometriosis, wasting YEARS because of overwhelm and anxiety, trying to forgive myself for years wasted time and ultimately, the everyday paralysis of trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.
Enjoy every year you celebrate because birthdays are a blessing that many people aren’t given
I know in my heart that our 30’s will be our best years yet and am surprised at the unexpected excitement I feel going into them. I’m still learning to forgive myself for not being able to pull myself out of the many-year-rut I was in, but am determined to fight like hell to change my life for the better.
So here’s what I’m feeling going into my 30’s:
- I’m scared. I know I can’t pass for a kid anymore. Ultimately it’s time to shine through as who I really am, not who I thought I should be.
- I’m excited. The 20’s were rough for me. I felt so lost and out of control and I’m finding a serious sense of excitement for all that is coming to fruition from my hard work and growth.
- I’m hopeful. I actually feel hopeful that I’ll be able to make a positive impact on those around me and to our Mother. I’m hopeful that I will no longer let my fears stop me, but rather drive me to dream bigger and reach goals I never thought obtainable.
- I’m determined. I will not let my time, or others time, be wasted. I am determined to add value to everyone me, and also to myself.
- I’m ready. I’m ready to fight harder; through depression, anxiety, clutter, stress & self-doubt. I’m ready to take on challenges and deal with the hard stuff first. Most of all, ready to actually start living my life.
So cheers to the years ahead! May they be full of life, experience and growth!
Is there a birthday that inspired you to make lifestyle changes? Let me know below. Also, don’t forget to head over here to see how I’m taking action and what I’m purging to kick off our spring cleaning! This is a great starting list if you don’t know where to start with your decluttering.