Hi friend! Allow me to introduce myself:
A vegan Yooper, blogger for 3 years, and Interior Design student with a love for sustainability and simplifying. I’m so happy you found my spot!
Couple things to know about me:
- I drink coffee until it’s time for a cocktail and swing music
- Wife to an amazing husband, Doug
- Mom to 3 dogs and 3 cats (aunt to 3 furbabes, and sister to 2)
- I believe all animals have rights and will always fight for them
- I’m a yogi wannabe
- I’m an introvert
- I very easily get lost in almost any song
hubby and I celebrating our 4th anniversary
I’m blessed to say I grew up on the shores of Lake Superior and, still cannot believe her power and beauty. I’ve never known life without immediate access to the beach as my Great Grandfather purchased land right on the shore and it’s been in our family since.
Lake Superior, lower harbor
Over the years, I’ve done many things but have always had a passion for helping and working with animals including Pet Grooming and working at our local no-kill shelter UPAWS.
My blogging journey started in 2015 when I came across some blogger stories on Pinterest and it’s been a wild ride since then. Most importantly, it started a journey of finding an outlet to share ways to fix the problems that keep me up at night: animal welfare and the health of our planet.
I’m passionate about finding ways to live more sustainably and with less consequence to Mother Earth and her fam, and I truly hope I’m able to inspire and help you to do the same!
We are not entitled to the resources we were given by our ancestors but rather, we are borrowing them from our children.
So here’s what you can expect from the blog:
- Tips for living Greener and having a more sustainable home
- Vegan food reviews and recipes
- How to create a cruelty-free lifestyle and home
- Everyday life on the Fresh Coast including social happenings, current events, local resources and surviving the unpredictable weather
I look forward to getting to know you and hope you’ll reach out with topics you’d like to see on the blog! If you haven’t yet, head over here to get started!
The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.
Marie Kondo, The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up